A maxscript to set properties in all V-Ray classes
- Sets properties on all Vray materials and maps in the Scene, Selection or Material Editor in a couple of clicks.
- Global Subdiv Reset for getting scenes where you want them.
- Donors get support for all Vray Cameras, Lights, Modifiers & Geometry, Bitmaps, Color Correction Map and the 3rd party maps: Color Correct, MultiTexture, MultiScatterTexture & ForestMaterial and a set of handy Power Tools:
- Turn all/selected lights on/off
- Reset scene’s material FX ID’s: resets all scene materials to 0 & disables the VRayMtl’s “override material effect” option
- Put selection’s materials to material editor
- Remove selection’s materials
- Neutralise VrayCameras: Sets white balance to neutral and turns off vignetting on all scene cameras
- Set all VRayProxys to box or point mode
- Turn off interpolation on all scene VRayMtls
- Turn off use IR Map on all VRayLights
- Turn off reflect on back side on all VRayMtls
- Put any missing plugin materials/maps to the material editor for inspection
- Put any translucent materials to the material editor for inspection
- Put any VrayLightMtls or self-illuminated VRayMtls to the material editor for inspection
- Batch Mode – apply settings to lots of max files!
The script should work with any version of VRay or 3DSMax.
Learn the basics on the VMC Help Page
Download & Installation:
Download and drag the .mzp package into a 3dsmax viewport or run the MZP package from 3dsmax’s menu: Maxscript -> Run script.
Follow me on Twitter for update announcements: @ollyspolys
Fixed a bug that stopped the script working for wireless users.
Added “Batch Mode” to power tools.
Fixed “Unable to convert: “” to type: BooleanClass” bug.
Fixed “Turn off store with ir map” for vraylights in power tools.
Fixed “Turn off reflect on back side” button in power tools.
Fixed “All proxys to point” in power tools.
Added “Remove selection’s materials” to power tools.
Fixed Defaults not saving in certain situations.
Selected lights on/off now working as expected (Power Tools)
Fixed reset fxids (Power Tools)
Plus, various performance related tweaks.
Fixed the long standing “Unknown property: “subdivs” in Free Rectangle.” bug
Added an auto update option for the script so you can always be up to date.
Subdiv reset now applies your BF GI setting (if checked) to all of your RPManager passes if installed.
Hooked up the bitmaptexture functionality. There are now 3 classes you can work on that should cover nearly everything: StandardUVGen for changing blur and tiling etc. StandardTextureOutput for changing clamp and output amounts etc and bitmaptexture for most other stuff like filtering. (Donors only)
General bug fixes
Revised functionality to set standard light vray shadow subdiv properties
The output properties for bitmap textures now works.
Added bonus features for donators!
Added support for 3ds max 2009
8 thoughts on “VMC Script”
I haven’t been able to test it with older versions of 3dsmax so please let me know if you find a bug!
Excellent script. Has saved me a lot of time correcting material settings today. Would it be possible to add some sort of feedback after applying changes noting the number of things that have been affected? A message like “Changes applied to 23 VRayMtls.”
The VMC script does actually output that information to the Maxscript listener. Take a look in the bottom left corner at the white box and let me know how you get on.
When I try to install get an error
— Compile error: Unrecognised macro parameter: autoUndoEnabled
— In line: autoUndoEnabled:false — required?
I use max 2009 version!
Just added v2.00.01 that should fix that.
Please let me know if you are still having trouble.
Very need For Bump in texture Blur – 0,01, and Blur Offset – 0,003 .
These will be in the next release!
If you find a bug, please let me know.